August 11, 2011

August! From 2010 to 2011...

Orientation 2010

Meeting my favorite local Sports Reporter, and getting to go backstage! On my 23rd birthday :)

My Samford girls--- I love this group!
Craig's 21st
I waited 23 years for my laptop! :) 
The bravest young lady I know! Craig :)

Would not have survived fall semester without this girl.

First SU basketball game!
Sax! I wrote my first article for the Crimson about this guy! 


In downtown ATL with Samford News Network! 





First weekend of the summer-- My cousin Christopher :)
Sliding Rock/Asheville, NC with CRAIG! 



Father's Day 2011 :)

These are my boys! My boss is on the left, and John Rembold , my cousin from CA on the right! This was one crazy night!

Had to get Chris...
Revenge... ;)


One of the girls from the sweet family that stole my heart this summer <3

Fourth of July weekend! So much fun! :)

My last day at the office, with Haines Maxwell, head of Neat Stuff University (and of course we had to include the mascot!)




courtesy of one of my best friends I made this summer, a picture from my photo shoot! 

My second mom, on Jessica's big graduation day :)
Wow, I know its too cliche to say the summer really flew by, but goodness is it August?! :) Tuesday was my last "official" day of summer classes even though I've been home from Charlotte for almost 4 weeks. It feels good to be free for a little bit. I've been updating my bathroom (omgoodness, it really needed it!) and hanging out with my family and friends. I cannot believe I will be a SENIOR AT SAMFORD UNIVERSITY in 2 weeks! The Lord is so faithful, He alone has brought me here. I remember my first day at JeffState, how TERRIFIED and clueless I was... but with the help and encouragement of some great people (David Griffin, Scott Dawson, Trent Jackson, my friends at FBCPG, and my brother) just to name a few, I have made it this far. All in all though, I look back and its humbling to me how intricate the details God worked out along this journey. 


This summer gave me time to really reflect on all the hard work and experiences I've had getting to where I am now, and I stand amazed. 


Lord willing, in May or August, I will be the first university graduate from my family. It is hard to bring him up, but I know my dad would be so proud of me. I think that without all the obstacles that tried to interfere with me getting my getting this far (like not being accepted to Samford the first time, the 45 min drive to JeffState, the classes I had to drop because I was still learning the ropes of college) have actually motivated me to push on and stay on track. 


I'm so thankful for the experience and incredible opportunity I was given by my cousin, Chuck Robbins, this summer. It is also crazy to think that up until March 2011 I had no idea he and his wonderful family existed. My mom thought I knew, but I didn't, and when Chuck and my mom reconnected on Facebook (of course!) He asked who I was... and the rest is history! :) 


See what I mean by the intricate details only God could put together??? Sometimes seeing His hand just requires taking a step back for perspective. I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed with gratitude today, so I wanted to share my thoughts on here. Thanks to everybody who reads this :)



~A

No comments:

Post a Comment