September 14, 2011

School

Samford takes over my life so quickly. I do not wish to use this blog as an outlet to complain, so I hope I communicate this lightly. First, Spanish. No wait--- Let me back up. Before Spanish, there stands the academic hold. Somehow there was confusion about a class I registered for this summer, and I wasn't given a grade therefore my whole Samford financial account was placed on hold. For me, I could not even see the usual items (scholarships, loans, grants, etc) that I receive every semester to pay for tuition. For 2 days I had no idea what was going on and where my future was headed. It was really frightening. That, my friends, is one of the not-so-joyous benefits of living off campus. I couldn't just swing by the OFA (office of financial aid) whenever I wanted. 


So, Spanish. I had hoped to test out of it. Being that I am ADHD, a lot of ADHD students have a serious problem with learning a new language in addition to their studies. I talked to an adviser on campus about it last Spring, and she gave me some paperwork to give my doctor to complete for review and to see if I could indeed test out. Well, to go through the process Samford requires, it would be 1,000 in medical expenses. Needless to say, I'm going to have to tough Spanish out. I did however make friends and a study group with those friends, that has helped me learn a lot so far. 


Now, Independent Study. The class I took this summer in addition to my internship was an independent study. So I meet today to talk with my adviser as to what we are going to do in order to get in incomplete off my account. ! :/ It really has been so stressful. I want to graduate in May, and I don't know if that is going to happen or not. 


There are so many questions I have right now, and I am the type of person that wants an immediate answer, and right now, immediacy is just not possible. 


In the meantime, I'm trying to get my work study with Samford worked out so I will know where I am going to work this semester, and figure out what works best with my responsibilities at Cache, all while commuting and smiling... right? :) 


Truly, I am thankful to be at my dream school doing what I honestly did not think was possible, graduating from Samford University. This is one of those seasons in life I think where I can't quite see out of my little box to the big picture, but I know God is with me, and I know He knows the outcome.. and His Word says He knows the plans he has for me, to give me future and hope, not harm. 


Just keeping it real ya'll. 


xoxo ~A


No comments:

Post a Comment